Tuesday, December 06, 2022

A quick catch-up during 1920 Spring Training

 Bullet points to catch you up!


  • The Year of the Sweep continued, with the Red Sox avenging 1917 by sweeping the Phillies. Babe Ruth was the Series MVP, and I confess to having great trepidation about how well he's going to play in 1920.
  • The Northeast Owls won the Barnstorming Tour and, I believe, Babe Ruth was again the MVP. 
  • The Galveston Pirates moved to San Antonio and became the Bears. I basically went fully fictional with that park, taking Columbia Park (the Athletics' pre-Shibe home) and making some cosmetic changes and background changes. 
  • Spring Training is underway, and the Yankees brought a full roster of 60 people including recent draftees Bullet Rogan and Goose Goslin. I think there are really only 2-3 roster spots that are realistically open, though, and that's only because Charles Bender and Babe Adams unexpectedly retired at the end of 1919. Birdie Cree has notably not retired, though I'm considering retiring him at the end of Spring Training because otherwise we kind of have to drop him. I don't see keeping Nunamaker on the roster, either--he's the 3rd catcher right now, and I'd just as soon have Pat Collins up (or one of the multi-position guys) to do that.
  • I've let the AI do its thing as far as signing minor league free agents, and it's still trying to sign people. I'm imagining it'll drop people too, I guess we'll see.  We're probably going to have to drop 50 people at this point. 
OK, back to it!

No comments: